Sunday, December 14, 2014

Not so recent pictures

Finally I spent the time to upload pictures from my camera. I hadn't uploaded any pictures in a long time so these are a bit random. Most of it is food and drinks from our recent holidays.

 I FOUND A PALE ALE IN GERMANY!!! LIMITED TIME ONLY. It wasn't that great of a pale ale by comparison to some stuff in the US, but it had the right flavor and was perfect with the Thanksgiving dinner.

I went to a different grocery store and was pleasantly surprised with the new selection! I didn't like the 2 in the middle very much, too light and wheaty and Bavarian. The ones on the sides were good, especially the one on the right. Grevensteiner is now my new fav

Here is a glimpse of our Thanksgiving dinner. We had chicken instead of turkey, and it rocked! Brining is the only way to my meat-heart.


And for dessert we tried to emulate my favorite breakfast from Mom, the cream cheese cherry tarts. These got a little out of hand...hah! Seriously though they were gigantic and exploded everywhere.


For Erika's birthday we went to the Christmas market and ate bratwurst


And Langos! Can even see the steam (think fried bread with herbally sour cream on top)


Obligatory selfie


And dessert at home. I tried making French silk pie but it didn't turn out quite right. Not having quite the same ingredients as back home was the culprit of the mediocre dessert. I ended up eating most of it. We had just gotten back from the Christmas market and my camera lens had fogged up too.


For our anniversary we went to an American steak house and got a buffet of ribs and wings and other goodies. Food was awesome and never ending and I really like this picture except for the stupid Confederate flag in the background.  Some things just don't mean the same...










No comments:

Post a Comment