Thursday, December 3, 2015

And the job hunt drags on

I've been back in Bonn for two and a half weeks now, and a lot of my time at home has been spent looking for work and doing little things, like study German, that might help me get a job. There is definitely a real chance for me to find work in Bonn or in a nearby city, but the trouble is finding it sooner, rather than later. I'm definitely getting anxious to hear back from a few different places that I've applied to a couple weeks back, because the longer I wait, the more I feel like I'm not going to get even an interview. And it seems like the quality of opportunities is shrinking too, since I've already applied to my favorite places. Graduate degrees don't mean shit if you're in the wrong place, but not finding even an internship in something I'm interested in here is even more depressing. Going back to the US also reeks of failure, unless I can grab a nice job somewhere, but that is also a long process.

Woof.

No comments:

Post a Comment