Thursday, August 6, 2015

Berlin

So next week I'll move to Berlin to begin my internship, and I'm actually pretty excited.  I found an apartment for a decent price within walking distance of my work, which will save me a good chunk of money, and hopefully I have a cool roommate. I still don't know exactly what the room looks like, I've only seen 2 pictures online, and I pretty much took the apartment based on price and location, and because it fit the amount of time I was going to be in Berlin perfectly. I'll start working at the Free Software Foundation of Europe and even though I still do not exactly know what tasks I'll be doing, I'm still quite excited to work. I think the theme is very important and interesting, and most importantly it'll get me some experience working in an digital content related field. And with any luck, I'll be able to find a job or other good work experience somewhere else in Berlin or Bonn.  I think it would great to work at a smaller digital content rights organization, like the Creative Commons or something, but I don't know how likely that is. In reality, I would take any job as long as they pay enough for me to actually make a little money, rather than borrowing from people.

So during these next 3 months of internship, I'll have a lot of applications to write to find a real job for after the internship ends, but I'm optimistic, for now.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck in Berlin, it's an awesome city, at least based on our 3 days there.

    ReplyDelete