Thursday, August 6, 2015

Post-thesis-post

Yeaaaaaah... we finally made it into August, which means there is approximately 2 weeks of summer left in Germany before it returns to being 50 degrees and cloudy most of the time. I finished my thesis on time with the help from my sister and support from Erika. I don't think it was a super great thesis, but it was good enough. I'm proud that wrote nearly 22,000 words in a comprehensible fashion, and better yet, I feel like I am quite knowledgeable about net neutrality and recent FCC broadband policy. So, woo! Shortly after I submitted my thesis, Erika took a long vacation from work and we got to spend 3 weeks together in a sort of summer honeymooning phase before I head off to Berlin for my internship.  But for lack of disposable income, we spent most our time in and around Bonn, and became much more acquainted with our city.  We spent a lot of that time near the Rhein river, it being a major geographical highlight of the area.  Beaches, picnics, hills, bike riding, people watching, clouds, sunsets, and wine all topped the list of our major priorities and here is some evidence to show it!







No comments:

Post a Comment